Kathy works with adults and children (ages 6 and up) in developing resources for building internal resiliency, while considering the impact of interactions with the world around them. Through exploring connections of mind, body and spirit, she helps individuals and families develop strategies for change.
While experiencing pain is a universal human experience, Kathy believes that internal self awareness and understanding of interpersonal neurobiology supports developing growth and greater freedom. With a foundation of understanding that we are created as complex beings with layers of connections inside and out, collaborative care planning may include interventions drawing from cognitive behavioral therapy, play therapy, ego state therapy, family systems therapy, EMDR, AIR Network therapy, biofeedback and other specialized trainings.
Kathy has over 30 years of clinical experience and has been licensed as a Psychologist since 1997.
Kathy completed her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at the Minnesota School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University in 2012; her internship trainings included specialties in Trauma, Autism and ADHD. She received her Master of Arts degree in Clinical Psychology from Wheaton College (IL) in 1993.
Special Areas of Interest Include:
- ADHD/ Adults & Children
- Autism/ Adults & Children
- Chronic Pain and Illness/ Terminal Illness
- Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Dissociative Disorders
- Emotional Dysregulation
- Family/Relationship Issues
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions
- Parenting Concerns/Training
- PTSD/Complex Trauma/Developmental Trauma
- Stress Management
Licensure, Certifications, Affiliations &
Evidence Based Specialties
- MN Board of Psychology; Licensed Psychologist # MN 3782
- LP Approved Supervisor
- LPCC/LPC Approved Supervisor
- Member Minnesota Psychological Association
- Member Association for Play Therapy
- Member Minnesota Play Therapy Association
- Certified HeartMath Practitioner
- EMDR Certified Therapist
- Member of EMDRIA
- Certificate of Trauma Studies, UMN
- Certified Adaptive Internal Relational (AIR) Network Model Therapist
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Minnesota MA
- Preferred One